Saturday, July 30, 2016

Egg and I Farm Chimacum, WA for Fresh Eggs and Pork

Egg and I is a book that was published in 1945, and was written by Betty MacDonald.  This book then inspired the making of all the Ma and Pa Kettle movies.  Egg and I Road is near Chimacum, WA, and just happens to be around a 15 minute ish drive from where I live in Port Townsend, WA. 

Now you can go to Egg and I farm on Egg and I Road for awesome free range chicken eggs, and fresh pork made from Tamworth pigs (these pigs originated in the United Kingdom).  This farm allows the pigs to grow at their natural rate which lends to better tasting products.   Once you've turned onto Egg and I Road you will need to follow it for a bit, and the farm will be on the right side of the road. (I missed it the first time, and had to turn around).


Con't down the drive, and keep to the right when the drive forks.  Park by this building.  



Inside the building is a small refrigerator which is shown in this picture.


In the refrigerator you will find fresh eggs by the dozen, and in the little freezer will be various pork items.  The bulk pork sausage is amazing!!  Often the farmer, Doyle, is around, but if he isn't you actually put the money for all items into the butter storage door on the inside of the refrigerator door. One of the many things I love about living out here on the Olympic Peninsula is all the "pay on the honor system" type places that still exits. 


Look at these gorgeous eggs!  When you get one home, and crack it, you will see how gorgeous the egg yolks are.  Love these eggs!  As of now, they are $5 a dozen, and if you live in the area then bring the containers back each time and leave them on the table next to the fridge.  The chickens are often free range in the field, but a few are occasionally in a large cage for a short time since they are the ones that keep running away!  LOL!  


If farmer Doyle is available he will often show you around, and you might even catch a glimpse of the cute little baby pigs.  


Farmer Doyle has always been very kind, informative, welcoming, and generous with us each time we have visited.  He is definitely the type of person I want to give my business to.  Plus, it's really nice to know exactly where your food is coming from.  The drive to and from the farm is very scenic as well.  I hope you will take the time to check this farm out if you are ever in the area.

Victoria Cooksey

*And they also sell Fuchsias part of the year too.

Egg and I Farm:  https://www.facebook.com/eggandipork/

Check out my cooking, and chocolate review videos at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-lp-lF_wB2oX_592jK9UQ

Chocolate lovers check out my fine chocolate review blog at:
http://darkmattersfinechocolatereviews.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words. Your continued support is appreciated. I will be looking forward to a chocolate treat left for me on the table one fine Sunday.

    ReplyDelete