Friday, September 11, 2015

Wooden Boat Festival

Last night I strolled down to Local's Night which is on the Thursday before the true start of the Wooden Boat Festival here in Port Townsend, WA.  This event takes place for one weekend each September.  In fact, this is the 39th one to take place!  (If you are in the area this festival runs Sept. 11-13, 2015.).

I don't own a boat, but I certainly enjoy looking at them.  So many styles, and lovely ones at this event!

Parking;  I usually park up on Washington Street and walk down to events here in town.  Another option is the park and ride.  Look for signs for this on your way into town ( park and ride bus area is near Safeway). 

For more information visit; 
http://nwmaritime.org/events/wooden-boat-festival/ 

Be sure to check out one of my coffee favs, Gypsy Coffee, at "the point".  Gypsy Coffee is normally the Farmer's Market on Saturdays, except the one for this event. https://www.facebook.com/Java-Gypsies-269635213075854/timeline/ 

Enjoy these pictures, and be sure to check out my video on the event at the end of this post.  Enjoy!

Victoria Cooksey






I could so become a pirate if I had this cute little boat!



Besides boats there are plenty of food and other vendors to keep you busy too.





No comments:

Post a Comment